Accomplished and experienced product leader and strategist with 20+-years of proven success positioning technology products and services to surpass ambitious sales and revenue growth goals
Highly motivated, results-driven product leader with extensive background and experience providing strategic direction and oversight of ambitious technology product management/development initiatives. Success in building technology product lines to drive strategic and revenue generating goals. End-to-end product lifecycle management experience combined with knowledge of modern development technologies and methodologies such as agile product development, SaaS and PaaS, and internet of things (IoT) expertise.
Areas of expertise include…
|· Product Management & Roadmaps
· Market & Competitive Analysis
· Product Lifecycle Management
· Product Evangelism
|· Agile Product Development
· Cloud Platform Development
· UI/UX Development
· Networking & Telephony
|· Developer Ecosystems
· Team Leadership & Supervision
· Relationship Management
· Strategic Partnerships
Director, Product Management, Cloud Platform, 2014 to Present
Virtual Hold Technology, San Jose, CA
Held accountable for developing and positioning cloud products and services that integrate core components of VHT’s technology stack, enable a cloud-optimized version of VHT’s flagship Callback product as well as the deployment of new VHT applications in the cloud. Served as product champion and subject matter expert to the field.
- Formed strategic partnerships with cloud service providers and systems integrators providing platforms, applications and managed services to support internal applications.
- Developing a VHT cloud offering which includes a next generation platform to optimize cloud deployments of Virtual Hold applications, allowing VHT to address new market segments and expand its footprint globally.
Senior Director, Product Management, 2012 to 2014
Echopass Corporation, Pleasanton, CA
Managed SaaS platform including defining all features and services provided. Responsible for determining availability of options, pricing, customer onboarding processes and outcomes. Held accountability for developing product roadmaps and managing the product development lifecycle of different product features and capabilities, including any feature discontinuations or migrations. Supervised teams working in a flexible agile-based development environment.
- Designed and approved customizations required for enterprise implementations that included custom requirements and specifications for integration with enterprise applications and back end systems. Wrote white papers, blogs and technical documents. Trained analysts and led product discussions to ensure team members were kept up to date with product changes and features.
- Partnered closely with the sales and marketing teams to conduct competitive analysis, provide service documentation, prospect customers and provide subject matter expertise to drive sales goals.
- Played a critical role in the acquisition of Echopass’ largest customer, making them the largest cloud contact center deployment of any vendor.
Strategic Account Manager, 2010 to 2012
Five9, Inc., San Ramon, CA
Grew and managed strategic enterprise accounts by introducing product enhancements and upselling services that increased Five9’s customer and partner footprint. Served as subject matter expert to support pre-sales and post-sales activities.
- Led enterprise accounts from inception through production. Packaged customized services, products and solutions to be sold to customers.
Director, Platform Product Marketing, 2008 to 2010
Ribbit, Mountain View, CA
Partnered with sales and marketing teams to develop product strategy and direction for platform products. Authored marketing materials including white papers, presentations, data sheets blogs and websites.
- Managed relationships with third party vendors and negotiated contracts, project deliverables and service agreements.
- Led and coordinated all activities to package, price and message developer activities to launch. Instrumental in evangelizing development platforms and other programs to proactively form relationships with developer communities and channel partnerships.
Senior Product Manager, 2006 to 2008
Polycom, Inc., San Jose, CA
Developed strategies to promote web, communications and embedded wireline VoIP applications to channel partners using a combination of webinars, video presentations, podcasts, white papers, data sheets, competitive analysis matrices and sales/marketing presentations.
- Developed and promoted the company’s first XML API that was aided by an internally developed application partner ecosystem around IP desk and conference phone lines.
- Successfully launched a new line of products that interoperate with MS Office Communications Server 2007.
- Initiated and launched a successful suite of embedded wireline VoIP applications.
Director Product Management, Voice Self Service, 2006 to 2006
Genesys, Inc., Daly City, CA
Identified new areas of development and growth for product lines including new markets. Set the product strategy for voice and media platforms that included unification of different platforms.
- Conducted technical due diligence analysis as a key member of the acquisition team.
- Managed a team of product managers in the voice platform product management group. Successfully integrated teams from newly acquired companies.
- Researched and evaluated new technologies such as keyword and emotion detection and their potential to enhance the Genesys Voice Platform and open up new markets for sale of the platform.
Product Line Manager, Voice Platform & Managed Services, 2003 to 2006
Genesys, Inc., Daly City, CA
Gathered and prioritized product requirements based on the overall product strategy and revenue goals. Conducted market research and solicited feedback from customers and sales teams. Participated in cross functional product teams as subject matter expert responsible for monitoring project status, release schedules and cross functional dependencies to fulfill project deliverables.
- Drove the evolution and implementation of the strategic direction for the company’s voice platform making it the fastest growing product line in company history.
- Developed marketing presentations, webinars, trade show materials, articles and interviews to support efforts to educate sales team members and customers about the various products offered to meet their needs.
Other Work History
Senior Product Manager, 2002 to 2003, Brooktrout Technology, Inc., Los Gatos, CA
Senior Product Manager, 1999 to 2002, Telera, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Consultant, 1998 to 1999, Genesys, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Technical Consultant, 1995 to 1998, Bell Canada, Toronto, ON
Technical Support Director, 1994 to 1995, ASEC Systems, Inc., Montreal, QC
Career Development Institute, Montreal, QC | Professional DEC, Programmer Analyst
University of Montreal, Anytown, CA | Bachelor of Business Administration, Applied Economics
Pioneer High School:
- Assistant Coach, Varsity Ice Hockey Team, September 2017 to Present
- President, Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA), July 2017 to Present
- Manager/Assistant Coach, Roller Hockey Team, August 2016 to Present
- Fundraising Chairperson/Volunteer, Performing Arts Boosters, August 2016 to Present
- Executive Vice President, Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA), July 2015 to July 2017
Leonard Herman Intermediate School:
- Vice President, Parent Faculty Club, August 2017 to Present
- Member, Site Council, August 2017 to Present
Santa Clara Valley Blackhawks:
- Manager/Assistant Coach, August 2017 to Present
Technical Skills Summary
- Agile development methodology
- Knowledge of the application of modern development languages:
- REST API implementation and SDK development
- Micro-services architectures
- SaaS and PaaS technologies and applications
- Telephony, video and real-time communications
- Networking design and topology
USA Hockey Coaching Education Program Level 3, October 2017 to Present
- License Number 450938